after enjoying my tofu and tomato wrap with avocado pesto, i was inspired to create another. i thought mango salsa would go well with avocado pesto so that was the filling for the wrap. it was so light and refreshing. yum!
- food processor
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 small heirloom tomato, chopped into bite sizes
- ½ mango, chopped into bite sizes
- 1-2 organic persian cucumber, chopped into bite sizes
- 3 large gluten free tortilla wraps
- additional fresh vegetables, optional
in the food processor, add avocado, basil, pine nuts and juice of ½ a lime with some salt & pepper. blend and set aside.
in a mixing bowl, add chopped tomato, mango, cucumber and remaining juice of ½ a lime.
spread a third of the avocado pesto on each wrap. in the middle, scoop a third of the salsa in the middle third of the wrap.
from one end of the wrap, roll the entire wrap. cut in half and enjoy with a side of fresh vegetables.
- original recipe from Maya Sozer‘s cookbook, Power Vegan Meals‘ recipe: Broccoli and Quinoa Wrap with Avocado Pesto