for dinner, i made pork chops. usually i pan fry the pork chops but i thought i’d simplify the dish by baking it in the oven with vegetables. this way was quick, easy and yummy!
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 3 to 4 Tbsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 small organic potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 sweet bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 to 2 cups of broccoli, cut in bite-sized bunches
Continue reading “recipe: italian seasoned pork chop with vegetables”
i have always been one to add more – even double – when a recipe calls for garlic. so why am i even considering a life without garlic? our little one currently has a garlic allergy — unfortunately it is the worst of … Continue reading pasta with garlic free stovetop tomato sauce
another simple lunch recipe is a spinach and turkey wrap. pile on the veggies and turkey on a tortilla or crepe and wrap. it’s so yummy!
the original recipes has the spinach and mushrooms cooked but you can also eat them fresh like i did. i also threw in a few more vegetables, including bell pepper and onion. lightly toast it to melt cheese or don’t – that’s up to you! either way, it’s healthy, delicious and easy to make!
- 2 premade crêpes – or –
2 whole wheat flour tortilla wrap
- 2 oz fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 colored bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 thin slice of onion
- 2 (1-oz) slices lean turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese or your favorite low fat cheese – dairy or non dairy options
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
Preparation Continue reading “spinach & turkey wrap”
i have probably thrown together a pasta dish with chicken, mushroom and spinach in tomato sauce before but this recipe shows how additional spices and ingredients can surprise your taste buds.
i wouldn’t have imagined adding thyme, orange juice and orange zest to a pasta dish but it definitely ups your flavor palette without adding much cooking time.
- 8 ounces whole wheat fusilli, penne or your favorite pasta shape
- 6 ounces or 1/3 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach
- sea salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper, to taste
Preparation Continue reading “pasta with chicken marengo”