ever since i saw the two words “avocado” + “pesto” together when i looking at Buzzfeed’s list of “Healthiest … Recipes to Save for Later“, i knew i had to try it. Eat Yourself Skinny‘s recipe was for the pesto with zucchini noodles but flipping through Power Vegan Meals by Maya Sozer at the bookstore, i briefly saw the dish: Broccoli Quinoa Wrap with Avocado Pesto and i knew what was for dinner!
i had some tortilla wraps in the fridge already so i made my avocado pesto first and then i looked through my fridge for ingredients i could use that was easy to grab. the result was a tofu and tomato wrap with avocado pesto. OMG it is my new favorite vegetarian dish!
- food processor
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- ½ lime
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 small heirloom tomato, chopped into bite sizes
- 2 wide rectangle slices of tofu block, cut into half each thin rectangles
- 2 large gluten free tortilla wraps
- additional fresh vegetables, optional
in the food processor, add avocado, basil, pine nuts and juice of ½ a lime with some salt & pepper. blend and set aside.
prepare the chopped tomato and thin rectangular tofu.
spread half of the avocado pesto on each wrap. then in the middle, place 2 blocks of tofu in a line on the center of the wrap. add half of the chopped tomatoes alongside each tofu line.
from one end of the wrap, fold over to the middle and then roll the entire wrap. cut in half and enjoy with a side of fresh vegetables.
- Eat Yourself Skinny: Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto
- Maya Sozer‘s cookbook, Power Vegan Meals‘ recipe: Broccoli and Quinoa Wrap with Avocado Pesto