seasoned dry tofu is pretty yummy. it’s also a great substitute for your meat or protein because it’s chewy and dense. you probably can’t find them in a regular supermarket but they are pretty easy to find in an asian grocery store.
my gf introduced me to this salad dressing: Annie’s Organic Asian Sesame dressing and it is delish! together with dry tofu, veggies and a little flaxseed, it creates a yummy and healthy salad.
- 2 ounce seasoned dry tofu
- 1 small color bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups organic baby spinach – or –
1-1/2 cups green leafy vegetablet
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 persian cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dressing ~try Annie’s Organic Asian Sesame dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon dry seaweed flakes, optional
Add all salad ingredients, flaxseed and dressing. Toss and serve.
Top with dry sesame flakes for an additional kick.
SALAD DRESSING TIP:
Sometimes a dressing flavor is too strong – either too sweet or too salty. To dilute it, use a little less dressing and add extra virgin olive oil instead. i.e. instead of 2 tablespoons of dressing, add:
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil