after enjoying my tofu and tomato wrap with avocado pesto, i was inspired to create another. Continue reading “no cook recipe: mango salsa wrap with avocado pesto”
ever since i saw the two words “avocado” + “pesto” together when i looking at Buzzfeed’s list of “Healthiest … Recipes to Save for Later“, i knew i had to try it. Continue reading “no cook recipe: tomato and tofu wrap with avocado pesto”
i love pizza. almost exclusively i love tomato based pizza. until now.
when i saw the ingredients for this pizza, it had a lot of flavors i liked so i thought i’d give it a try. i made a few adjustments in ingredients: lowering the chicken but bumping up the vegetables with onions and mushrooms.
it was spectacular! the pesto was a great flavor base and artichoke – what a surprise! – with the rest of the vegetables? the ingredients just married so well together. i had almost half of the pizza that night! you’ve got to give this recipe a try but don’t blame me if you finish the whole pie!
- 1 12″ prebaked pizza shell
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup cooked chicken cut, shredded small strips
- 1 fresh or roasted color bell pepper, cut into small thin strips
- 1/2 cup water-packed canned artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, patted dry and quartered
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, thin slices
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Preparation Continue reading “chicken pesto pizza”
cooking a meal with aluminum foil is such an easy and delicious method. fish and veggies … i also added enoki mushrooms, which is perfect for this dish.
it is such a nice lovely fish dish. give it a try!
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 color bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 2 snapper fillets (4-6 ounces each)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pesto *contains nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation Continue reading “steamed snapper with pesto”