this was a very quick and easy vegetarian dish – so easy to prepare and so quick to cook. just a little spice and a lot of flavor. for some heat, add red chili powder!
enjoy with rice or on its own. it’s good either way!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 color bell pepper, cut into 1/8 strips
- 2 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 block (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder ~ optional for some heat
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pepper and mushrooms, and cook for about 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Increase the heat to high and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until any liquid in the pan evaporates. Add the tofu, scallions, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Stir in the parsley.
original recipe on Women’s Health from Eat Up Slim Down Annual Recipes 2006: Tofu Stir-Fry