this was a very quick and easy vegetarian dish – so easy to prepare and so quick to cook. just a little spice and a lot of flavor. for some heat, add red chili powder!
enjoy with rice or on its own. it’s good either way!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 color bell pepper, cut into 1/8 strips
- 2 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 block (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder ~ optional for some heat
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Preparation Continue reading “tofu stir-fry”
a few years ago, i relived a childhood meal at hiroko’s place: omurice with curry. i really enjoyed it.
recently, i had a hankering for it again so i decided to make it myself. my parents used to use these curry blocks to make japanese flavored curry. instead of ketchup rice that is usually inside of the omelette, i used regular white rice and then put some ketchup on top.
while it may not be as good as authentic japanese omurice, it will tie me over until i make it back to hiroko’s place or another japanese restaurant with authentic omurice!
- 2 stalks of carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium potato, cut into small chunks
- 5 medium cremini mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 blocks of S&B Golden Curry sauce mix, mild/medium hot/hot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 cups white rice
Preparation Continue reading “omurice with curry”