so i started out planning to try this foil baked salmon recipe but then i got distracted and had to rush to make dinner so i ended up making a baked salmon with similar ingredients. i’ll try out the foil baked recipe … Continue reading recipe: baked lemon salmon with asparagus and mushroom
the combination of squash, sweet potato/yams and apple sounds so great that i was eagerly awaiting the day i could make this (after we went through some leftovers)! i added very little oil and held off on the vinegar because i used this dish as an intro for k to olive oil. next time i make it i’ll add the vinegar and see if it bumps up the flavor! but without it, it was still a sweet flavorful veggie dish.
- small mixing bowl
- large mixing bowl
- baking pan
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 sweet potato/yam
- 1 organic apple
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar *optional
m made a wonderful fish stew, which was the main course for christmas dinner. the inspiration of this dish was a make-at-home lobster-bake we had, in which we layered potatoes on the bottom, then corn on the cob, lobster, clams and mussels – food that took longest to cook was on the bottom and shortest on top.
in this format m layered vegetables on the bottom and started cooking it first, then layered the fish above and bok choy on top. m made a similar stew in the past with ginger but with k’s food allergies, we steered clear of it. it turns out it wasn’t necessary as even without, it was a wonderful stew. enjoy on its own or with some white rice.
- 3 pounds halibut
- 15 oz can bamboo tips, thick slices
- medium size daikon radish, cut in chunks
- 3 medium organic yukon potatoes, cut in half
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 bunches bok choy
this recipe looked yummy so i decided to make it but when i was getting ready to roll them into patties, i saw my cookie cutters and had an inspiration – how about making them into different shapes? the first … Continue reading recipe: sweet potato / yam corn cakes
a fun simple recipe that is easily adjustable to various food preferences and restrictions! cooking tools baking pan cooling rack aluminum foil ingredients 1 to 2 large organic zucchini (sliced in ¼ inch slices) garlic free pizza sauce 2 oz shredded organic … Continue reading recipe: zucchini pizza bites
after making my own tomato sauce, i had no problem making my own pizza sauce! now to make some zucchini pizza bites! cooking tools medium saucepan food processor liquid storage containers ingredients 10 organic Roma tomatoes 1 large organic sweet bell peppers, diced 2 Tbsp … Continue reading recipe: garlic free pizza sauce
for dinner, i made pork chops. usually i pan fry the pork chops but i thought i’d simplify the dish by baking it in the oven with vegetables. this way was quick, easy and yummy!
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 3 to 4 Tbsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 small organic potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 sweet bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 to 2 cups of broccoli, cut in bite-sized bunches
i have always been one to add more – even double – when a recipe calls for garlic. so why am i even considering a life without garlic? our little one currently has a garlic allergy — unfortunately it is the worst of … Continue reading pasta with garlic free stovetop tomato sauce
i never had any interest in making my own tomato sauce before but since the little one has a garlic allergy, i needed to learn. online i found a flexible recipe that allows you to add any ingredient you choose. it was perfect for those with allergies.
- medium saucepan
- liquid storage container
- 2 large organic tomatoes (or ~ 10 Romas)
- 1 organic red sweet bell peppers, diced fairly small
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning – or –
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
since i enjoyed the filling in the apple banana pumpkin pie i made for k’s thanksgiving meal, i searched for another recipe that had all three fruits and came across this bread recipe. i enjoyed it and so did the family!
- parchment paper
- loaf pan
- wire rack
- 1 over ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup of applesauce, extra if desired
- 1 tsp of alcohol free vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup gluten free (oat) flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of water or saved liquid
i had a great experience with roasting chicken with lemon before – the results was so tender – so i was very excited to try this recipe. as expected, it was delicious!
- roasting pan
- roasting rack
- one 2- to 3-pound farm-raised grass fed free range chicken
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 organic lemon, halved
i chose different vegetables than i used for thanksgiving meal 2014-une and baked them instead of steam. i used the same italian seasoning but to bump up the flavor, i added some drippings from the roast chicken. the flavor was a success. YAY!
- porcelain casserole dish with glass lid
- 3 medium organic carrots
- 2 dozen thin asparagus
- 2 dozen green beans
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning (i.e. mix of basil, oregano and thyme)
- 3 to 5 Tbsp juices from roast chicken (Thomas Keller’s simple roast chicken or lemon roast chicken)