i paired with the pork chops with some sweet potatoes and a healthy portion of stir-fry string beans and bell pepper using leftover glaze.
this meal was a hit for the entire family!
- pressure cooker
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 thick-cut pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
for the glaze
- ¼ cup orange marmalade or jam
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce -or-
2 teaspoons soy sauce (contains gluten)
1b. if using defrosted pork chops, first add oil in pressure cooker on HIGH or saute until sizzling. place chops and brown each side. then add stock, zest, thyme and onion powder. set on HIGH for 15 minutes.
2. let pressure cooker release naturally for 10 minutes before quick releasing remaining pressure. remove chops and set aside.
3. set the cooker on HIGH or saute and whisk in jam, juice, vinegar and soy sauce to create the glaze. when combined, toss pork chops in the glaze before serving.
resource: Orange Glazed Pork Chops from Best of the Best Presents Great Food Fast by Bob Warden