i don’t love the places in my neighborhood for breakfast. since i had a little time, i made it myself! this time a breakfast sandwich – a little quicker than an omelette with sides – a sausage with vegetable omelette and a side of mashed potatoes.
- 2 medium mixing bowl
- potato masher
- 1 medium frying pan
- 1 large frying pan
- 3 egg whites with 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup milk
- 2 – 3 medium cremini mushrooms
- 1 handful of spinach
- ½ medium sweet bell pepper
- olive oil
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 pre-cooked sausages, sliced horizontally
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 2-3 boiled potatoes
- pats of butter
- in a mixing bowl, add boiled potatoes and mash.
- add butter and mix with the mashed potatoes.
- cover and set aside.
sausages and buns
- in the medium frying pan, cut the sausages horizontally down the middle.
- since the sausages are precooked, remove the sausage is heated. set aside.
- then add potato buns. heat up. flip. set aside.
- in a mixing bowl, add egg whites and yolk in a bowl with milk. beat eggs lightly.
- chop up all vegetables (mushroom, spinach and sweet pepper) into bite sized pieces into the medium mixing bowl.
- heat oil in the frying pan and coat the pan.
- pour egg mix into pan and let it cook for a minute.
- add chopped vegetable in the middle third of the egg layer. cover the pan to cook the vegetables. flip the outside thirds of omelette to the middle. cut in half.
- put the bottom buns on plates. layer sausages on bottom buns. place each bun with half of the omelette. add cheese and then top off with the bun.