since the little one can’t have garlic, m & i don’t keep fresh garlic in the house anymore. common foods, including tomato sauce and snacks, that often include garlic we try to keep sealed or don’t eat when k is around.
so i wanted to have a quick meal the other day and was going to just have some pasta and tomato sauce. i ran out of tomato sauce and didn’t have any garlic. i was baffled for a little while. then i realized what would be the most basic sauce: butter! so, i just boiled some pasta, steamed some broccoli and shrimp, then added a pat of butter and tossed it. yum!
- 2 servings of spaghetti (gluten-free and/or vegan, if necessary)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 oz medium shrimp
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper, optional
- cook spaghetti as directed. drain and set aside.
- steam broccoli.
- boil shrimp.
- in a frying pan, soften the butter then add spaghetti, broccoli and shrimp. toss.
- add salt, pepper and red pepper to taste.