like many others sometimes we go out to eat and we think to ourselves: “so expensive! i could have made it myself!” but the thing is, we don’t always have the time. however, when you do have the time and can make something, i.e. a homemade breakfast, yourself, it sure is worth it!
this morning, it was buttered white toast, jalapeño chicken sausage, strawberries with my corn mash potatoes and veggie omelette. yum!!!
CORN MASH POTATOES
- potato masher
- small pot
- 2 to 3 large organic white potatoes
- 1 to 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 to 3 Tbsp organic butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Maryland crab mix, to taste
- steam white potatoes until soft.
- boil frozen corn in a small pot until cooked.
- remove potatoes from steamer and put in a medium sized bowl.
- first mash the potatoes.
- drain corn from small pot and add into bowl.
- add butter, salt and pepper, and crab mix to taste.
- mix well and serve.
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 1 medium sized mixing bowl
- 1 medium sized frying pan
- for each omelette
- with yolks: 2 large free range eggs
- without yolks: 3 large free range egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 to 5 medium cremini mushrooms
- 2 to 3 handful of spinach
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- in separate small mixing bowls, add eggs for yolk version and no yolk version. in each bowl add 1/4 cup milk. beat eggs lightly.
- chop up all vegetables (mushroom, spinach and sweet pepper) into bite sized pieces into the medium mixing bowl.
- heat oil in the frying pan and coat the pan.
- add one egg-milk mixture in the pan and put half of the veggie mix on one side of the pan.
- top the veggie mix with cheese.
- flip over the side of the egg with no toppings over and slide omelette off the pan.
- repeat steps 3 to 6 with other egg-milk mixture.