another Kitchens of India Just Heat & Eat package i picked up: Rajma Masala / Red Kidney Beans Curry. i’m more familiar and prefer to eat / cook with chick peas or black beans so i’m happy to try the other beans when it already has been flavored and indian curry is a wonderful choice!
as with the other Kitchens of India Just Heat and Eat package, dilute it with a few cups of water and add a lot more vegetables, thereby creating feast! indian food is usually paired with rice but as in my previous post, i had discovered adding quinoa or millet is equally wonderful. enjoy!
- 1 package Kitchens of India Just Heat & Eat – Rajma Masala
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked grain: i.e. quinoa, millet or rice
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- 3 to 4 cups of vegetables, chopped into bite-sized pieces
– bell pepper
– broccoli stalks
-or- any old vegetables!
- 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp turmeric
- in a medium saucepan or le creuset pot, empty contents of the package. add water and boil at medium heat.
- when boiling, lower temperature to low and add rice or grain. break down any clumps, if necessary. heat for 15 minutes.
- add vegetables and boil until vegetables are cooked and the rice has softened.
- add turmeric and stir.
- serve hot.
product website: Kitchens of India