since i had some extra crab from the avocado crab salsa, i looked for another recipe to try and found this one online. it looked so good that i had to try it! i wanted to share it with k so instead of using hot peppers, i used sweet bell peppers. i do look forward to trying the spicy version as well!
it’s march and still freezing cold but this dish transforms you to a different state of mind – it’s the perfect dish to feel like it’s summer! inside of having it with toast, i topped it on cucumber slices. yum!
i happen to make this dish two years later (almost to the date) so i am getting ready for summer again! instead of topping it on cucumber slices, i topped them in celery. it has an extra crunch — loved it!
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes, cut in half – or –
1 large organic plum tomato, diced
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 1½ cups roasted organic GMO free corn kernels
- mild: 1 sweet bell pepper, diced – or –
spicy: 2 hot peppers such as serrano or jalapeños, diced fine (seeds removed for mild), optional
- 2 limes, juice of (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion, optional
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, optional
- long thick cucumber slices
- ribs of celery
- in a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- in a large bowl combine chopped crab meat, avocado, tomatoes, pepper and corn. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro -or- parsley and gently toss. Adjust lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- serve on top of cucumber or celery … or just eat it as a delicious salad!
resource – original recipe from web: Summer Tomato, Corn, Crab and Avocado Salad