since it’s just a salsa, i used it as a topping for the quinoa enchilada casserole i made as the main course for dinner. the two dishes worked so well together … it was MFEO!
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced, optional
- 2 limes
- 1 large Haas avocado
- 8 oz of lump crab meat
- soften the limes prior to cutting to release as much juice as possible. i roll them on the counter and also press down on them (hard) on 4 sides. slice limes and press for juice. you want at least 1/4 cup of juice.
- add the diced bell pepper and red onion to the lime juice. salt slightly with just a dash.
- check your crab meat for shells and pull out any pieces you may find.
- dice the avocado into large chunks – do this just as you are ready to make … not before because the avocado can change color on you if it sits out!
- gently fold the crab meat and avocado into the other ingredients ensuring it is all covered but don’t stir too much – the avocado gets mushy!
- refrigerate the mixture for at least 1 hour.
resource – original recipe from Being Bianca: Avocado Crab Salad