i picked up some black beans recently and went online to find a fun dish and this was it! packed with protein, vegetables and omegas. yum!
since i was also making an avocado crab salsa, i thought the flavors would work really well together so i mixed ’em up. YUMMY!
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 2qt baking dish
- baking dish cover – or – aluminum foil
- ½ cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 1 cup organic corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- in a medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- in the baking dish, combine quinoa, corn, black beans.
- stir in cheese.
- cover baking dish with glass cover or with aluminum foil.
- place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
- serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.
- salt and pepper, to taste
resource – original recipe from Damn Delicious: Quinoa Enchilada Casserole