after trying the roast squash, sweet potato/yams and apple dish, i found this roasted squash and beets recipe and knew it would be a good side dish as well. the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon gave it a nice aroma. while the original recipe included maple syrup but i didn’t think it was necessary so i just skipped it.
- large mixing bowl
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 medium beets
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel butternut squash, cut in half horizontally and deseed. chop into ½ to ¾ inch cubes. put into the mixing bowl.
- peel beets and chop into ½ to ¾ inch cubes. put into the mixing bowl.
- add cinnamon, oil and vinegar into the mixing bowl. mix well.
- line baking pan with parchment paper.
- pour mixture into a baking pan and spread out.
- put baking pan into the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- serve warm.
1. resource – original recipe from The Roasted Root: Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Beet