our neighbor gave us the extra sauce from their yummy super bowl worthy wings, which was perfect because i wanted to try the flavoring with cauliflower! to save some for k, i made some without the wing flavoring.
while the flavoring was nice, the batter made the coating of the cauliflower a little thick. next time i may try it with dry flour instead of batter, like the wings recipe per my neighbor.
- baking pan
- medium mixing bowl
- small sauce pan
- heat resistant mixing bowl (ceramic or metal)
- wooden spatula
- 6 Tbsp hot sauce
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup milk, optional
- preheat oven 425°F.
- line a baking pan with aluminum foil and brush a little oil on top.
- in a medium mixing bowl stir together milk and flour.
- dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter and allow the extra batter to dip off.
- place on baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- while cauliflower is baking, heat small saucepan in low heat. add hot sauce and butter. stir occasionally until simmering.
- put cauliflower into mixing bowl and then pour sauce over.
- mix cauliflower and sauce with a wooden spatula to completely coat.
- serve with carrots, celery and blue cheese dressing, if desired.
original recipe from Tasty Kitchen: Cauliflower Buffalo Wings