nothing is better on Super Bowl Sunday than buffalo wings. since m and i visited Buffalo and had the original wings at Anchor Bar, my quest for local delicious wings has been a fruitless endeavor.
so when our neighbor invited us over for their wings, i was just going for the company. but not only did we have fun chatting with them, i was also blown away by the wings! the main ingredients: hot sauce and butter!
since i didn’t get exact measurements, i put down his ingredients with cooking preparation for Authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wings that i found online. i can’t wait to make it!
- baking pan
- medium size pan
- heat resistant mixing bowl (ceramic or metal)
- wooden spatula
- 6 Tbsp hot sauce
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- free range hormone free organic chicken wings or tenders
- preheat oven 425°F.
- line a baking pan with aluminum foil and brush a little oil on top so chicken doesn’t stick.
- lightly flour chicken. shake off any loose flour and then place on baking pan.
- bake chicken for 20 minutes on each side or until chicken thoroughly cooked.
- while chicken is baking, heat a pan in low heat. add hot sauce and butter. stir occasionally until simmering.
- when chicken and sauce are ready, put chicken into mixing bowl and then pour sauce over.
- mix chicken and sauce with a wooden spatula to completely coat.
- serve with carrots, celery and blue cheese dressing, if desired.
original recipe from About Food: Authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wings