after i mistakenly made baked lemon salmon last week instead of foil-baked, i finally tried the correct recipe. i love foil-baked recipes because the “steaming” method keeps the food inside juicier and the flavors of the various ingredients, here the salmon, asparagus and mushrooms, mix around together a little more. give this a try! cooking tools
- baking pan
- aluminum foil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb asparagus
- 6 to 7 shiitake mushrooms
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- slice cremini mushrooms into thin slices (around 1/8″ thin) and put on cover the bottom of a baking pan.
- prepare asparagus (washing and snapping off the bottom) and layer on top of the mushrooms.
- cut the lemon in half. with one half juice over the asparagus and mushrooms. place salmon on top of asparagus. with the other half of lemon cut into 3 to 4 thin slices – enough to place on top of the salmon. sprinkle salt and pepper, if desired.
- place salmon on top of asparagus. sprinkle salt and pepper, if desired. with the other half of lemon cut into 3 to 4 thin slices – enough to place on top of the salmon.
- drizzle olive oil over the salmon and then place in over for 30 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- serve warm with some rice or slice of bread.
resource – original recipe from Frugality Gal: Foil Baked Salmon Recipe with Asparagus