after trying the roast squash, sweet potato/yams and apple dish, i was open to trying another roast vegetable dish. the original recipe had pancetta but since i wanted to keep it vegetarian, i substituted it with a flavorful vegetable: parsnip. yum!
- 1 small (around 1 pound) butternut squash
- 1 organic baby kale
- 2 parsnips
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- peel and cube butternut squash and discard seeds. peel parsnip and chop into similar size blocks. with a knife, shred the kale into bite-sized pieces; avoid any tough stems.
- roast squash, parsnip and kale, water, and vinegar in oven.
- taste and add salt and pepper as needed. serve.
original recipe from In Sock Monkey Slippers: Butternut Squash Kale and Pancetta Hash