so i started out planning to try this foil baked salmon recipe but then i got distracted and had to rush to make dinner so i ended up making a baked salmon with similar ingredients. i’ll try out the foil baked recipe another day but here’s the simple baked lemon salmon recipe i had tonight. easy peasy lemon squeezy … and yum!
- baking pan
- 2 wild salmon fillets
- 6 to 7 medium cremini mushrooms
- 1 lb thin asparagus
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- slice cremini mushrooms into thin slices (around 1/8″ thin) and put on cover the bottom of a baking pan.
- prepare asparagus (washing and snapping off the bottom) and layer on top of the mushrooms.
- cut the lemon in half. with one half juice over the asparagus and mushrooms.
- place salmon on top of asparagus. sprinkle salt and pepper, if desired. with the other half of lemon cut into 3 to 4 thin slices – enough to place on top of the salmon.
- drizzle olive oil over the salmon and then place in over for 30 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- serve warm with some rice or slice of bread.
resource – original recipe from Frugality Gal: Foil Baked Salmon Recipe with Asparagus