the combination of squash, sweet potato/yams and apple sounds so great that i was eagerly awaiting the day i could make this (after we went through some leftovers)! i added very little oil and held off on the vinegar because i used this dish as an intro for k to olive oil. next time i make it i’ll add the vinegar and see if it bumps up the flavor! but without it, it was still a sweet flavorful veggie dish.
- small mixing bowl
- large mixing bowl
- baking pan
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 sweet potato/yam
- 1 organic apple
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar *optional
- peel vegetables and chop all into approximately ½ to 1 inch cubes and put into the medium mixing bowl.
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- in the small mixing bowl, mix the oil and vinegar.
- when sauce is ready, pour into the large mixing bowl and mix the vegetable/fruit mixture, using a large spoon or your own hands!
- pour mixture into a baking pan and spread out.
- put baking pan into the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened.
- serve warm.
1. resource – original recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen: Recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar