a fun simple recipe that is easily adjustable to various food preferences and restrictions!
- baking pan
- cooling rack
- aluminum foil
- 1 to 2 large organic zucchini (sliced in ¼ inch slices)
- garlic free pizza sauce
- 2 oz shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings of your choice (kielbasa, pepper, mushroom, broccoli, etc.)
- salt, optional
- crushed red pepper, optional
- preheat oven to 300°F.
- spread zucchini evenly on a aluminum foil covered pan and bake for 5 minutes. flip the zucchini and bake again for another 5 minutes.
- remove pan and top each zucchini with ½ to 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, shredded cheese, and pizza topping of choice.
- bake in oven for 5 minutes or until pizza topping is cooked.
- remove from oven and cool.
- serve with side of salt and/or crushed red pepper to add as desired.
part of christmas menu 2014
1. resource: original recipe from A Few Short Cuts: Zucchini Pizza Bites