after making my own tomato sauce, i had no problem making my own pizza sauce! now to make some zucchini pizza bites!
- medium saucepan
- food processor
- liquid storage containers
- 10 organic Roma tomatoes
- 1 large organic sweet bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning – or –
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 bunches fresh basil, diced into thin strips
- cut tomatoes into quarters and boil in a medium saucepan for 2 to 3 hours.
- dice the peppers add to saucepan with tomatoes. boil for 1 to 2 hours
- add italian seasoning and lower temperature. stir occasionally.
- when ready for use, add fresh basil.
- in a food processor, scoop tomato mixture and pulse according to thickness desired, short for chunky sauce – or – longer for smooth sauce.
1. original recipe from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken: The World’s Easiest 5-Minute Pizza Sauce