i love caprese salad when i go to italian restaurants and when i found this recipe, i looked forward to giving it a try. i usually don’t have it with avocado but it was a nice touch to a favorite salad. delizioso!
- mixing bowl
- serving bowl
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 3 large organic roma tomatoes
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 5 medium fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp vinegar, balsamic or apple cider
- generous pinch of sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- in a serving bowl, add vegetables and cheese. toss. top with torn or slivered basil leaves.
- in a small mixing bowl, whisk the oil in a small bowl with vinegar, sugar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. pour into a salad dressing pourer.
serve salad with dressing on the side.
for k we omitted the dressing so she enjoyed the salad with the rich flavors of the cheese, avocado, arugula, tomatoes and basil.
1. original recipe from Foodie Crush: Avocado Caprese Salad