instead of searching for gluten free vegan lasagna, i substituted the pasta for eggplant. it was heartwarming to see m and k eat it all up! i usually don’t are for eggplant but i enjoyed it as a substitute for pasta.
- mixing bowl
- 9″ oval stoneware baking pan
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- ½ cup organic steamed spinach
- ½ cup organic GMO-free corn
- ½ cup organic mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups garlic free stovetop tomato sauce
- cut eggplant into 6 thin slices – approximately 1/4″ thickness.
- chop steamed spinach.
- add ½ cup tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.
- place 3 slices of eggplant as a bottom layer.
- layer spinach on top of eggplant. first spinach, then corn.
- pour 1 cup tomato sauce over the vegetables.
- sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- place 3 slices of eggplant as the top layer of lasagna.
- pour ½ cup tomato sauce on top.
- cover baking pan with aluminum foil.
- bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the eggplant becomes soft.
- remove from oven. cut and serve.