i had a great experience with roasting chicken with lemon before – the results was so tender – so i was very excited to try this recipe. as expected, it was delicious!
- roasting pan
- roasting rack
- one 2- to 3-pound farm-raised grass fed free range chicken
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 organic lemon, halved
- preheat the oven to 450°F.
- dry chicken very well with paper towels, inside and out.
- salt the cavity and insert lemon halves
- truss the chicken tying the legs and wings to body with string *see note 2.
- salt the chicken on top.
- roast in roasting pan for 50 to 60 minutes.
- allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- remove the twine and carve.
part of Thanksgiving Meal 2014 deux
1. resource – original recipe from allrecipes.com: Stupid Simple Roast Chicken
2. resource BuzzFeed Life: How To Make The Best Roast Chicken Of All Time – Thomas Keller’s Roast Chicken with video