i chose different vegetables than i used for thanksgiving meal 2014-une and baked them instead of steam. i used the same italian seasoning but to bump up the flavor, i added some drippings from the roast chicken. the flavor was a success. YAY!
- porcelain casserole dish with glass lid
- 3 medium organic carrots
- 2 dozen thin asparagus
- 2 dozen green beans
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning (i.e. mix of basil, oregano and thyme)
- 3 to 5 Tbsp juices from roast chicken (Thomas Keller’s simple roast chicken or lemon roast chicken)
- snap off stem of asparagus and snap into 2″ to 3″ long strips.
- snap off ends of green beans and snap in half.
- peel and then chop carrots into long thin strips (approximately same thickness of asparagus and green beans).
- preheat the grill, place carrots on the grill and sprinkle italian seasoning on top. cover and grill until soft. remove from grill and place in a casserole dish.
- next grill asparagus and green beans. remove and add to casserole dish.
- pour juices from lemon roast chicken into the casserole dish and mix.
- keep casserole dish in a warm oven until ready to serve.
part of Thanksgiving Meal 2014 deux