since i enjoyed the filling in the apple banana pumpkin pie i made for k’s thanksgiving meal, i searched for another recipe that had all three fruits and came across this bread recipe. i enjoyed it and so did the family!
- parchment paper
- loaf pan
- wire rack
- 1 over ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup of applesauce, extra if desired
- 1 tsp of alcohol free vanilla extract, optional
- 1 cup gluten free (oat) flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of water or saved liquid
- preheat oven to 350°F and line with parchment paper. set aside.
- in a large bowl add wet ingredients, including vanilla if using.
- in a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- add dry content of small bowl into large bowl and combine until well mixed.
- little by little, add liquid into mixture until you reach your bread batter consistency.
- pour batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 to 50 mins until your loaf is golden brown. pick loaf with a wooden toothpick or stick inserted into the centre. if it comes out clean you are done!
- allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 mins then transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- slice and serve with some extra apple sauce, if desired.
part of Thanksgiving Meal 2014 deux
1. resource – original recipe from Better With Cake: Spiced Apple Banana Pumpkin Bread