i love meals in lettuce wraps and this is no exception. the best part of this dish is the sauce – the crazy combination of chili sauce, fish oil and lime juice is amazing! the sauce goes perfectly with the steak and all the fresh vegetables with it makes it such an addictive dish that it’s hard to stop eating. Y-U-M!
- 12 ounce grass-fed flank, skirt, or sirloin steak
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup colored bell pepper
- 1 head Bibb or Romaine lettuce, washed and dried, leaves separated
Chili lime sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (we like sriracha)
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
Heat the grill or grill pan over high heat for at least 5 minutes. Season the steak with salt and pepper and toss it on. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until it’s firm but yielding to the touch. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Combine the chili sauce, fish sauce, and juice of one lime in a small saucepan over low heat. (If you have remaining juices from cooking the steak, add it to the sauce.)
Slice the steak thinly (if it’s skirt or flank steak, be sure to cut against the grain) and drizzle half of the warm sauce over it. Set out the jalapeño and onion slices, parsley, carrot, lettuce, and remaining lime wedges and sauce. Use the leaves like tortillas to wrap up the steak slices with the other ingredients.
original recipe on Women’s Health from Men’s Health: Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps