haven’t had shrimp in a while so i was looking forward to trying this recipe.
the recipe is pretty easy. the only cooking is boiling the pasta, shrimp and broccoli. the dressing is just a few spices. after that, throw everything into a bowl and mix!
it’s such a light but filling healthy meal. it’s also a good meal to eat room temperature or cold. make a little extra to save for tomorrow’s lunch!
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni, fusilli or favorite shaped pasta
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup colored bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, vinegar, onion powder and oregano. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve.
original recipe on Women’s Health: Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta Salad