japanese way of making breaded meat is a three step dipping process: pat with flour, dip in egg and then coat with panko crumbs. Women’s Health way is just one step: coat with bread crumb mixture. they both work and have similar results in taste.
here is a simplified chicken parm recipe with spinach. i finished it as quickly as i made it. enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoned bread crumbs – or –
2 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs + 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan, optional
- 1-2 cups low sodium marinara sauce
- 6 small clove garlic, crushed
- 6 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. As the oil is heating, pound the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness, then sprinkle with bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper, pressing so the crumbs stick. Place in the pan with the garlic and saute for approximately 6 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked.
In a saucpan heat the marinara sauce. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
Serve the chicken on a plate and top with the spinach and marinara sauce.
original recipe on Women’s Health from Men’s Health: Chicken Spinach Parm