one of my favorite soups is miso soup and i would make it all the time. just miso paste and water – easy. but i’ve never made anything else with miso paste before so it was nice to try something new.
this miso salmon dish is has a great bold flavor. enjoy it with a side of haricot vertes. it is a delicious healthy meal.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin – or –
1/2 tablespoon rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
- 2 salmon fillets (4-6 ounce each), about 1-1/4 inches thick
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced ~optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Whisk miso, mirin, and soy sauce in a small bowl until well blended.
Add oil to a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side up, and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Flip fish over and place skillet in oven; roast until salmon reaches desired degree of doneness, 6 to 8 minutes.
Brush salmon with miso mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with scallion, if desired.
original recipe on Women’s Health: Miso Salmon