since the flaxseed mixture from the healthier nuggets recipe has so many healthy ingredients, i didn’t want any of it to go to waste.
so i added the remaining flaxseed mixture as a healthy crust to my salmon steak. it works really well together! have it on a light arugula salad and you have a well balanced and delicious meal!
For the salmon
- leftover flaxseed mixture from healthier nuggets recipe
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning, optional
- 1 salmon steak
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the salad
- 1 bag of arugula
- juice of 1 lemon – or lime
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Dressing seasoning
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Place salmon steak on the parchment paper and lightly salt and pepper. Coat the salmon steak with the flaxseed mixture. Top with parsley and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, Italian Dressing seasoning, lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk together. Add arugula and toss.
On individual plates, put a heaping of salad. Top with a slice of salmon. Enjoy!
modification of healthier nuggets with salmon