i used to love going to small taco places and my favorite concoction was chicken fajita and guacamole. so i decided to make it myself!
the combination of chicken fajita and guacamole is perfect – i love it!
- 1 small avocado
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 ounce chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 colored bell pepper, cut into long thin slices
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into long thin slices
- 5 crimini mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese – or – other cheese of your preference
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla
Prepare guacamole per preparation. Warm tortillas in a steamer or toaster.
Heat up the grill at medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then grill the chicken until cooked, around 5 minutes. Remove from grill and slice into long thin slices.
On the grill, add remaining tablespoon olive oil and then add the vegetables and chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place a tortilla on a plate. Add chicken and vegetables, top with guacamole and then add shredded cheese on top. Wrap and enjoy!