the first thing that caught my eye may have been the beautiful photo in the cookbook but this salad was certainly as delicious as it looked.
light and crunchy with a hint of spice – this salad is ridiculously good!
i love love love finding new recipes for salad and this one will be a repeat meal.
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, uncooked or precooked
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 persian cucumbers, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1/2 small red onion, minced – or –
4 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil with half of the minced garlic. Add shrimp with a little salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until pink. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside to cool. Also let the frying pan with garlic and oil cool.
With the leftover garlic and oil, add jalapeno, garlic, oil and lemon or lime juice. Whisk together to create the dressing.
Add vegetables and shrimp and toss. Let marinate for 5 minutes before serving.
original recipe from Real Simple | Best Recipes: Easy, Delicious Meals cookbook: Tangy Shrimp Salad with Summer Vegetables