when i saw this recipe, i knew it would taste great! shrimp with garlic is always good but with a kick of paprika sounds like a party with fun friends: kidney beans and green beans. it was just as good as it sounded. this recipe is a must repeat!
- 4 cups green beans, trimmed (about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, (21-25), peeled and deveined
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put green beans in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Stir in beans, vinegar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
Divide the green beans among 6 plates. Top with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
original recipe from EatingWell: Paprika Shrimp & Green Bean Sauté