as i was reorganizing my spice drawer, i found a recipe on a new bottle of McCormick crushed red pepper for chicken quesadilla. it looked so simple that i just had to give it a try!
when i made the chicken quesadilla, i tried to give it a healthier kick by adding a few additional ingredients: an extra cup of veggies, 2 teaspoons of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed. in addition, i chose whole wheat flour tortillas.
these little changes didn’t add time or change the flavor of this yummy healthy chicken quesadilla. give it a try!
- 2 cups boiled chicken, chopped
- 2 cups soy cheese
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup additional vegetables (mix it up with onions, red bell pepper, broccoli, mushroom, or other favorite veggies!)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 8 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
In a mixing bowl, add chicken, cheese, tomatoes and vegetables and mix together. Then add spices and flaxseed.
Spread even on 4 8-inch tortillas. Top each with another tortilla. Toast in 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes on each side (for even crispness) or until cheese melts.
Cut into quarters. Enjoy with salsa and guacamole, if desired!
original recipe from McCormick spice label
• try a different quesadilla recipe i made from an other post: southwest quesadilla