to go with the paprika chicken with mushrooms, m also found a recipe for mashed potatoes – this one with scallions. it was really good!
- 2 pounds medium yellow-fleshed potatoes such as Yukon Gold
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped scallion (2-1/2 bunches)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Quarter potatoes, then cover with salted cold water by 1 inch in a large saucepan and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
While potatoes are simmering, heat butter over moderately high heat in a large nonstick skillet and sauté scallion, stirring, until just tender, about 6 minutes.
Drain potatoes in a colander and return to saucepan. Mash hot potatoes with milk using a potato masher until smooth, then stir in scallion, salt, and pepper. Add fresh parsley, if desired.
original recipe from Epicurious: Scallion Mashed Potatoes