i love cooked celery – there’s something about it that brings out the flavors in the other ingredients, like this simple garlic shrimp dish with celery. enjoy!
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, remove shell and deveined
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped in long thin slices
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
Heat oil with garlic in frying pan for a few minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute on each side so the shrimp has a little color. Add celery and water. Let shrimp cook.
In a small mixing bowl, add a cornstarch with a little water and mix. Add mixture to pan to thicken the sauce. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste. Serve.