cardio is an integral part of our weekly workout routine so here are some choices:
The “55” workout
- Start by doing one body-weight squat and 10 pushups.
- Rest for 30 seconds, and then do 2 squats and 9 pushups.
- Gradually work your way up to 10 squats and down to 1 pushup.
- You’ll complete 55 reps of each exercise by the time you’re done – and reap both the cardiovascular benefit of aerobic training and the muscular pump of a strength session.
- Find an area in your gym where you can sprint for 10 meters.
- Once you’ve covered the distance, pause just long enough to inhale and exhale once through your nose.
- Sprint back and pause, this time inhaling and exhaling twice through your nose.
- Continue the drill – breathing normally as you sprint, and adding an additional nose inhalation and exhalation when you pause – until you can no longer breathe through your nose.
- Do as many jumping jacks as you can in 10 seconds.
- Rest for an equal amount of time.
- Next, do as many jumping jacks as you can in 20 seconds, and rest 20 seconds.
- Then do 30 seconds of jumping jacks followed by 30 seconds of rest.
- Now work your way back down the pyramid (30, 20, 10).
- Repeat three times.
read article from Yahoo! Sports by: Jill Yaworksi from Men’s Health: The Best Cardio Workouts You’ve Never Tried