i almost always have avocados in the house. i don’t care if they’re rock hard in the store – i pick up a few and leave them in my kitchen. when they’re the perfect softness, i have an awesome sandwich.
so today, i had a slightly healthier version of my creamy cheesy turkey sandwich with fibrous bread, fresh veggies and leftover chicken. m made a vegetarian version. didn’t miss it – just kept raving about the avocado. yup. must have avocados.
- 2 slices of multigrain toast ~i like Trader Joes multigrain bread w 6g fiber
- 1/3 avocado, sliced into thin slices
- 2 thick slices of tomato
- 1 persian cucumber, cut into 3 long slices
- 2 slices of 2% milk pepper jack cheese
- 2 chicken slices, optional
Toast the bread lightly . Flip toasted sides and put one slice of cheese on each slice of toast. Toast again lightly and put on plate. Layer one slice of bread with the tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers and chicken. Top with the other slice of bread. Enjoy!