i like lots of vegetables on my pizza! so i decided to expand on z’s homemade pizza with mushrooms to a homemade pizza with vegetables. since i put a LOT of vegetables, i add additional marinara sauce and parmesan cheese on top. love it!
- 1 pizza dough (store bought frozen or non-frozen)
- 1-2 tablespoon flour
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 8-ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 6 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Prep pizza dough per instructions on package.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
When pizza dough is ready, sprinkle flour on a cutting board until board is covered. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape (I like rectangles).
Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place the rolled out pizza dough into the pizza pan. Top with 1 cup marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Bake pizza in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes. Take out when you see the cheese has just started to melt.
Add vegetables on the pizza. Top with remaining marinara sauce and shaved parmesan cheese. Return pizza to oven for another 5 – 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Slice and serve. Enjoy!