while we often hear what not to do when trying to be healthy, it’s nice every now and then to learn what you CAN do. i love coffee and according to Eating Well Magazine, i shouldn’t stop!
- It protects your heart:
– Coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in American diets.
– It raises your blood pressure and heart rate, but over the long term, it may lower blood pressure
- It diverts diabetes:
– Those antioxidants may have a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, according to some studies.
– Other studies have shown that caffeine can blunt the insulin-sensitivity boost.
- Your liver loves it:
– The more coffee people drink, the lower their incidence of cirrhosis and other liver diseases. The antioxidants and caffeine might prevent liver inflammation and inhibit cancer cells.
- It boosts your brain power:
– Drinking between 1 and 5 cups a day (admittedly a big range) may help reduce risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as Parkinson’s disease, studies suggest. Those antioxidants may ward off brain cell damage and help the neurotransmitters involved in cognitive function to work better.
- It helps your headaches:
– Coffee provides relief from headaches, including migraines.
read articles on Yahoo! Shine from Eating Well Magazine: 5 health reasons to not quit coffee
* read post with health facts about coffee