i’ve been on a cooking hiatus … bad! so i made myself search for an interesting recipe and came up with this. the original recipe is with shrimp and asparagus but i decided to go with scallops and sugar snap peas!
yum! put it over some garlic rotini and you’ve got a winner dinner. enjoy!
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths – or –
1 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined – or –
1 pound raw scallops (medium sized)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus or snap peas, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp or scallops, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the seafood is just cooked.
Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the seafood and sauce over the vegetables.
original recipe from EatingWell.com: Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables