whenever i was lazy and wanted to make something quick and easy, i would have a vegetarian nacho platter. i almost never use a microwave but this dish is an exception.
my version is healthier than nacho platters you’d find in restaurants. i used to use regular tortilla chips but now i like the soy and flaxseed tortillas from Trader Joe’s since it is packed with proteins, omega-3 and fiber. since tortilla chips usually have salt, i cut down the salt with a no salt salsa. then i add the spinach and bean toppings.
it is a yummy and fun dish in minutes!
- bag of tortilla chips (try Trader Joe’s Soy & Flaxseed Tortillas)
- 1 block muenster cheese
- 1 jar of salsa, preferably no salt
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 10-ounce package frozen spinach, defrosted
- crushed red pepper
Special equipment needed
- Microwaveable plate
On a microwaveable plate, top as following:
- a layer of nachos
- a slice of muenster cheese on each nacho (slice as desired)
- a spoonful salsa (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- a small spoonful black beans (approximately 1 teaspoon)
- a small spoonful spinach (approximately 2 teaspoons)
- additional piece of cheese, if desired
Microwave plate for 1 minute. Remove from microwave (use glove in case plate is hot).
Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top, if desired Serve and enjoy!