z made a nice simple salad for brunch today to go with the homemade mushroom pizza.
she loves her mushrooms and she knows i love cucumbers so here’s a very easy and tasty simple salad to whip up!
pizza and salad is a yummy combo!
For the salad
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce
- 3 israeli cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 white crimini mushroom, sliced
- 1 tomato. chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian dressing – or –
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
In a small mixing bowl, add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
In a salad bowl, add greens, mushrooms, cucumbers and tomatoes. Drizzle dressing on salad and toss.
Serve on individual plates.