while the salmon and sweet potato cakes tastes pretty amazing on its own, i also wanted to try the recipe as rachael ray created it – with a side of agrodolce relish and arugula.
dare i say it makes the fish cake taste even better? well it does!
the vinegary, garlicky and sweet relish works so well with the salmon and sweet potato cake, like a refreshing and crunchy sidekick. give it a try – i hope you enjoy it as much as i do!
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered – or –
2 plum tomatoes, diced
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups arugula or baby arugula leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (a turn of the pan) over medium-high heat. Add the red onions, celery, and garlic to the pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook 2 minutes more. Stir the vinegar into the sauce, then sprinkle the sugar over top and toss to coat the tomatoes. Add arugula.
Serve the agrodolce relish and arugula alongside the salmon and sweet potato cakes on individual serving plates
original recipe from 30 Minute Meals: Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes with Agrodolce Relish and Arugula