i’ve been trying to eat more yogurt (because practically every health article says how good it is for you) but pre-packaged yogurt with fruit has a lot of sugar so i wanted to learn healthy yogurt recipes.
i saw this on food network a while ago and even though i’m not big on honey, i was curious how this would taste. i’m glad i gave it a try. the plain yogurt with vanilla and honey tastes great but over the fresh fruit salad, it is awesome!
sweet and healthy – it’s the perfect dessert or snack anytime.
For the yogurt
- 2-1/2 cups lowfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean, optional
For the fruit saald
- 1 orange, separated and cut into pieces
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 bunch seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 bunch seedless red grapes, halved
Combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds in a bowl and set aside.
Combine the orange, banana slices, berries and grapes in a separate bowl. Gently mix the fruit mixture together.
Spoon the fruit into serving bowls and top with the yogurt.
original recipe from Barefoot Contessa: Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Vanilla Yogurt